If you want to use third-party certificates in your environment, you must add a trusted root certificate to the certificate store.
Obtain the custom root certificate from your third-party or in-house CA.
- From a Web browser, connect to the Platform Services Controller at https://psc_hostname_or_IP/psc.
In an embedded deployment, the Platform Services Controller host name or IP address is the same as the vCenter Server host name or IP address.
- Specify the user name and password for firstname.lastname@example.org or another member of the vCenter Single Sign-On Administrators group.
If you specified a different domain during installation, log in as administrator@ mydomain.
- Select Certificate Management.
- Enter the Appliance credentials.
- Select Trusted Root Certificates, and click Add certificate.
- Click Browse and select the location of the certificate chain.
You can use a file of type CER, PEM, or CRT.
What to do next
Replace the Machine SSL certificates and, optionally, the Solution User certificates with certificates that are signed by this CA.