When you create a vSphere HA cluster or configure an existing cluster, you must configure settings that determine how the feature works.
In the vSphere Web Client, you can configure following the vSphere HA settings:
- Failures and responses
- Provide settings here for host failure responses, host isolation, VM monitoring, and VM Component Protection.
- Proactive HA failures and responses
- Provide settings for how Proactive HA responds when a provider has notified its health degradation to vCenter, indicating a partial failure of that host.
- Admission Control
- Enable or disable admission control for the vSphere HA cluster and choose a policy for how it is enforced.
- Heartbeat Datastores
- Specify preferences for the datastores that vSphere HA uses for datastore heartbeating.
- Advanced Options
- Customize vSphere HA behavior by setting advanced options.