After creating a host profile from a reference host, you attach the host or cluster to the host profile.
About this task
You can also attach a host profile by right-clicking the specific host and select Host Profiles > Attach Host Profile.
- From the Host Profiles main view, select the host profile to be applied to the host or cluster.
- Click Attach/Detach a host profile to hosts and clusters.
- Select the host or cluster from the expanded list and click Attach.
The host or cluster is added to the Attached Entities list.
- (Optional) Click Attach All to attach all listed hosts and clusters to the profile.
- If you enable Skip Host Customization you will not need to customize hosts during this process.
If you skip host customizations during this process, you should edit or import host customizations before you remediate the host profile
- Click Next.
- (Optional) You can update or change the user input parameters for the Host Profiles policies by customizing the host. You will not see this step if you enabled Skip Host Customization.
- Click Finish to complete attaching the host or cluster to the profile.