Use the datastore file browser to move files or folders to a new location, either on the same datastore or on a different datastore.
Before you begin
About this task
Virtual disk files are moved and copied without format conversion. If you move a virtual disk to a datastore on a type of host that is different from the type of the source host, you might need to convert the virtual disks before you can use them.
- Click Storage in the VMware Host Client inventory and click Datastores.
- Click File browser.
- Select the target datastore.
- Select the file or folder that you want to move to another location and click Move.
- Select your target destination and click Move.
- Click Close to exit the file browser.