In order to perform particular activities on an ESXi host, a user must have permissions that are associated with a particular role. In the VMware Host Client you can assign roles to users and give the users the permissions necessary to perform various tasks on the host.
- Right-click Host in the VMware Host Client inventory and click Permissions.
- Click Add user.
- Click the arrow next to the Select a user text box and select the user that you would like to assign a role to.
- Click the arrow next to the Select a role text box and select a role from the list.
- (Optional) : Select Propagate to all children.
If you set a permission at a vCenter Server level and propagate it to the children objects, the permission applies to data centers, folders, clusters, hosts, virtual machines, and other objects in the vCenter Server instance.
- Click Add and click Close.