You can add a port group to a virtual switch in the VMware Host Client. Port groups provide networking for virtual machines.
- Right-click Networking in the VMware Host Client inventory and click Add port group from the pop-up menu.
- Enter a name for the new port group.
- Set the VLAN ID to configure VLAN handling in the port group.
The VLAN ID also reflects the VLAN tagging mode in the port group.
VLAN Tagging Mode
External Switch Tagging (EST)
The virtual switch does not pass traffic associated with a VLAN.
Virtual Switch Tagging (VST)
From 1 to 4094
The virtual switch tags traffic with the tag that you entered.
Virtual Guest Tagging (VGT)
Virtual machines handle VLANs. The virtual switch permits traffic from any VLAN.
- Select a virtual switch from the drop-down menu.
- Expand Security and select options that you want to enable for promiscuous mode, MAC address changes, and forged transmits.
- Click Add.
Your port group is created.
- (Optional) : Click Refresh to display the new port group in the list.