You can edit the settings for a vSAN datastore when you need to exit from a misconfigured state of the current host.
About this task
You can only edit the Claiming Mode and Deduplication settings for a vSAN datastore. These changes take effect only on the current host. They are not synced to the other hosts participating into the vSAN cluster.
Only use these settings for troubleshooting.
- Click Storage in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Click Datastores and click vSAN Datastore.
- Click Monitor in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Click vSAN and click Edit settings.
- Select Auto or Manual from the Claiming Mode.
If you select Auto, it automatically takes all disks and claims them in a group or groups of the same size.Note:
The Auto mode is deprecated. It can only claim hybrid disk groups which are not compatible with most of the vSANfeatures.
If you select Manual, you must manually organize the disks in groups and reclaim them by using the vSphere Web Client. For instance, selecting manual claiming mode is appropriate when the vCenter Server is unavailable.
- Select Enabled or Disabled for the Deduplication.