When you add a network adapter (NIC) to a virtual machine, you must select the adapter type, the network connection, and whether the device connects when the virtual machine is powered on.
- Click Virtual Machines in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the list and select Edit settings from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Virtual Hardware tab and click Add network adapter.
- In the network connection panel, select either a network with a specific label or a legacy network.
- (Optional) : To configure the virtual NIC to connect when the virtual machine is powered on, select Connect at power on.
- Click Save.