In the VMware Host Client, you can monitor the health of a datastore, as well as events and tasks associated with that datastore. Starting with vSphere 6.5 Update 1 and after you enable the vSAN service in the vSphere Web Client, you can also monitor your vSAN environment.
- Click Storage in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Click Datastores.
- Click a datastore from the list.
The datastore expands in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Click Monitor under the name of the datastore.
- (Optional) Click Events to view events associated with the datastore.
- (Optional) Click vSAN to view the configuration parameters of the vSAN environment of your host.
- (Optional) Click Hosts to view the hosts that reside on this datastore.
- (Optional) Click Health to view details about the status of various parameters, such as Performance service, Network, Physical disk, Data, Cluster, and Limits.