When the OVA deployment finishes, you are redirected to stage 2 of the deployment process to set up and start the services of the newly deployed vCenter Server Appliance with an external Platform Services Controller.
- Review the introduction to stage 2 of the deployment process and click Next.
- Configure the time settings in the appliance, optionally enable remote SSH access to the appliance, and click Next.
Option Description Synchronize time with the ESXi host Enables periodic time synchronization, and VMware Tools sets the time of the guest operating system to be the same as the time of the ESXi host. Synchronize time with NTP servers Uses a Network Time Protocol server for synchronizing the time. If you select this option, you must enter the names or IP addresses of the NTP servers separated by commas.
- Provide the FQDN or IP address of the Platform Services Controller instance with which you want to register the vCenter Server Appliance, enter the vCenter Single Sign-On HTTPS port, domain name, and administrator password, and click Next.
If the Platform Services Controller instance is a Windows installation, provide the system name of the host machine on which the Platform Services Controller is running.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the configuration settings for the vCenter Server Appliance, click Finish, and click OK to complete stage 2 of the deployment process and set up the appliance.
- (Optional) After the initial setup finishes, click the https://vcenter_server_appliance_fqdn/vsphere-client to go to the vSphere Web Client and log in to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance, or click the https://vcenter_server_appliance_fqdn:443 to go the vCenter Server Appliance Getting Started page.
- Click Close to exit the wizard.
You are redirected to the vCenter Server Appliance Getting Started page.
What to do next
You can configure high availability for the vCenter Server Appliance. For information about providing vCenter Server Appliance high availability, see vSphere Availability.