You can set up networking for your vSphere Auto Deploy reference host and apply the host profile to all other hosts to guarantee a fully functional networking environment.
Provision the host you want to use as your reference host with an ESXi image by using vSphere Auto Deploy.
- In the vSphere Web Client navigator, browse to the host that you want to use as a reference host.
- Select the Manage tab and select Networking.
- Perform the networking setup.
If you are using virtual switches and not vSphere Distributed Switch, do not add other VMkernel NICs to vSwitch0.
- After the reference host is configured, reboot the system to verify that vmk0 is connected to the Management Network.
- If no host profile exists for your reference host, create a host profile.
What to do next
- Create a rule that applies the host profile to all hosts that you want to provision with the settings specified in the reference host. For writing a rule in a PowerCLI session, see Write a Rule and Assign a Host Profile to Hosts.
- For hosts that are already provisioned with vSphere Auto Deploy, perform the test and repair compliance operations in a PowerCLI session, see Test and Repair Rule Compliance.
- Power on unprovisioned hosts to provision them with the new host profile.