When the OVA deployment finishes, you are redirected to stage 2 of the deployment process to set up and start the services of the newly deployed vCenter Server Appliance with an embedded Platform Services Controller.
- Review the introduction to stage 2 of the deployment process and click Next.
- Configure the time settings in the appliance, optionally enable remote SSH access to the appliance, and click Next.
Synchronize time with the ESXi host
Enables periodic time synchronization, and VMware Tools sets the time of the guest operating system to be the same as the time of the ESXi host.
Synchronize time with NTP servers
Uses a Network Time Protocol server for synchronizing the time. If you select this option, you must enter the names or IP addresses of the NTP servers separated by commas.
- On the SSO configuration page, create the vCenter Single Sign-On domain, and click Next.
- Enter the domain name, for example, vsphere.local
- Set the password for the vCenter Single Sign-On administrator account.
This is the password for the user administrator@your_domain_name.
After the deployment, you can log in to vCenter Single Sign-On and to vCenter Server as administrator@your_domain_name.
- Enter the site name for vCenter Single Sign-On
The site name must contain alphanumeric characters. Choose your own name for the vCenter Single Sign-On site. You cannot change the name after installation.
Extended ASCII or non-ASCII characters are unsupported in site names. Your site name must include alphanumeric characters and a comma (,), period (.), question mark (?), dash (-), underscore (_), plus sign (+) or equals sign (=).
- Review the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) page and choose if you want to join the program.
For information about the CEIP, see the Configuring Customer Experience Improvement Program section in vCenter Server and Host Management.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the configuration settings for the vCenter Server Appliance, click Finish, and click OK to complete stage 2 of the deployment process and set up the appliance.
- (Optional) : After the initial setup finishes, click the https://vcenter_server_appliance_fqdn/vsphere-client to go to the vSphere Web Client and log in to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance, or click the https://vcenter_server_appliance_fqdn:443 to go the vCenter Server Appliance Getting Started page.
- Click Close to exit the wizard.
You are redirected to the vCenter Server Appliance Getting Started page.
What to do next
You can configure high availability for the vCenter Server Appliance. For information about providing vCenter Server Appliance high availability, see vSphere Availability.