After you acknowledge an alarm in the vSphere Web Client, its alarm actions are discontinued. Alarms are not cleared, or reset when acknowledged.
Before you begin
About this task
Acknowledging an alarm lets other users know that you are taking ownership of the issue. For example, a host has an alarm set to monitor CPU usage. It sends an email to an administrator when the alarm is triggered. The host CPU usage spikes, triggering the alarm which sends an email to the host's administrator. The administrator acknowledges the triggered alarm to let other administrators know the problem is being addressed, and to prevent the alarm from sending more email messages. The alarm, however, is still visible in the system.
- Right-click the alarm in the Alarms sidebar panel and select Acknowledge.
- Acknowledge the alarm in the Monitor tab.
- Select an inventory object in the object navigator.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Click Issues, and click Triggered Alarms.
- Right-click an alarm and select Acknowledge.