You can use the direct console interface to view the system logs on an ESXi host. These logs provide information about system operational events.
- From the direct console, select View System Logs.
- Press a corresponding number key to view a log.
vCenter Server agent (vpxa) logs appear if the host is managed by vCenter Server.
- Press Enter or the spacebar to scroll through the messages.
- (Optional) : Perform a regular expression search.
- Press the slash key (/).
- Type the text to find.
- Press Enter
The found text is highlighted on the screen.
- Press q to return to the direct console.