You can specify the events, states, or conditions that trigger the alarm on the Triggers page of the alarm definition wizard. On the General page of the alarm definition wizard, if you selected a trigger for an alarm to be a specific event occurring on the inventory object, perform the following procedure.
Before you begin
About this task
The option that you choose on the General page of the alarm definition wizard determine the options available on the Triggers page. An alarm definition must contain at least one trigger before you can save it.
For information about defining triggers for a condition-based alarm, see Specify How a Condition-Based or State-Based Alarm is Triggered.
You can add multiple triggers and choose whether to trigger the alarm when one or all of them become active.
- Select the trigger that you want to change, or click the Add icon to add a new trigger.
- Click in the Event column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Status column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) : Configure additional conditions to be met before the alarm triggers.
- Click the Add icon to add an argument.
- Click in the Argument column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Operator column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Value column, and enter a value into the text box.
You can add more than one argument.
- Click Next.
You selected and configured alarm triggers.
What to do next
Configure actions that follow after the alarm is triggered.