Before you can create a VM-Host affinity rule, you must create the host DRS group and the virtual machine DRS group that the rule applies to.
For both, a cluster of virtual machines on one physical host(CIB) and a cluster of virtual machines across physical hosts(CAB), create one virtual machine DRS group that contains all MSCS virtual machines. For example, VMGroup_1 contains MSCS_VM_1, MSCS_VM_2 … MSCS_VM_5.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click Configure.
- Under Configuration, select VM/Host Groups and click Add.
- In the Create VM/Host Group dialog box, type a name for the group.
- Select VM Group from the Type drop down box and click Add.
- Click the check box next to a virtual machine to add it. Continue this process until all desired virtual machines have been added.
For a cluster of virtual machines on one physical host, add all MSCS virtual machines to one group.
For a cluster of virtual machines across physical hosts, add all MSCS virtual machines to one group.
- Click OK.