Create VM-Host affinity rules to specify whether the members of a selected virtual machine DRS group can run on the members of a specific host DRS group.
Before you begin
Create virtual machine DRS groups that contain one or more MSCS virtual machines as described in Create a Virtual Machine DRS Group (MSCS).
Create host DRS groups that contain one or more ESXi hosts, as described in Create a Host DRS Group (MSCS).
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click Configure.
- Under Configuration, select VM/Host Rules and click Add.
- In the Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, type a name for the rule.
- From the Type menu, select Virtual Machines to Hosts.
- Select the virtual machine DRS group and the host DRS group to which the rule applies.
For example, select VMGroup_1 and HostGroup_1.
- Select Must run on hosts in group.
- Click OK.