vSphere can monitor distributed ports and provide information about the current state and runtime statistics of each port.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Double-click a distributed port group.
- Click the Ports tab and select a port from the list.
- Click the Start Monitoring Port State icon.
The ports table for the distributed port group displays runtime statistics for each distributed port.
The State column displays the current state for each distributed port.
The link for this distributed port is up.
The link for this distributed port is down.
This distributed port is blocked.
The state of this distributed port is currently unavailable.