You can export a distributed port group configurations to a file. The configuration preserves valid network configurations, enabling distribution of these configurations to other deployments.
About this task
This functionality is available only with the vSphere Web Client 5.1 or later. However, you can export settings from any version of a distributed port if you use the vSphere Web Client 5.1 or later.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Right-click the distributed port group and select Export Configuration.
- (Optional) : In the Descriptions field, type notes about this configuration.
- Click OK.
Click Yes to save the configuration file to your local system.
You now have a configuration file that contains all the settings for the selected distributed port group. You can use this file to create multiple copies of this configuration on an existing deployment, or overwrite settings of existing distributed port groups to conform to the selected settings.
What to do next
You can use the exported configuration file to do the following tasks:
To create a copy of the exported distributed port group, see Import a vSphere Distributed Port Group Configuration.
To overwrite settings on an existing distributed port group, see Restore a vSphere Distributed Port Group Configuration.