Use the restore option to reset the configuration of an existing distributed switch to the settings in the configuration file. Restoring a distributed switch changes the settings on the selected switch back to the settings saved in the configuration file.
About this task
You can use a saved configuration file to restore policies and hosts associations on the distributed switch. You cannot restore the connection of physical NICs to uplink ports or ports of link aggregation groups.
Verify that vCenter Server is version 5.1 and later.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the distributed switch.
- Right-click the distributed switch in the navigator and select .
- Browse for the configuration backup file to use.
- Select Restore distributed switch and all port groups or Restore distributed switch only and click Next
- Review the summary information for the restore.
Restoring a distributed switch will overwrite the current settings of the distributed switch and its port groups. It will not delete existing port groups that are not part of the configuration file.
- Click Finish.
The distributed switch configuration has been restored to the settings in the configuration file.