Reorder the rules that form the traffic filtering and marking policy of a distributed port or uplink port to change the sequence of actions for analyzing traffic for security and QoS.
About this task
The vSphere distributed switch applies network traffic rules in a strict order. If a packet already satisfies a rule, the packet might not be passed to the next rule in the policy.
To override a policy on distributed port level, enable the port-level override option for this policy. See Configure Overriding Networking Policies on Port Level.
- Navigate to a distributed switch and then navigate to a distributed port or an uplink port.
To navigate to the distributed ports of the switch, click Ports tab., double-click a distributed port group from the list, and click the
To navigate to the uplink ports of an uplink port group, click Ports tab., double-click an uplink port group from the list, and click the
- Select a port from the list.
- Click Edit distributed port settings.
- Select Traffic filtering and marking.
- If traffic filtering and marking is not enabled at the port level, click Override, and from the Status drop-down menu, select Enabled.
- Select a rule and use the arrow buttons to change its priority.
- Click OK to apply the changes.