To enable hyperthreading, you must first enable it in your system's BIOS settings and then turn it on in the vSphere Web Client. Hyperthreading is enabled by default.
About this task
Consult your system documentation to determine whether your CPU supports hyperthreading.
- Ensure that your system supports hyperthreading technology.
- Enable hyperthreading in the system BIOS.
Some manufacturers label this option Logical Processor, while others call it Enable Hyperthreading.
- Ensure that hyperthreading is enabled for the ESXi host.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click Configure.
- Under System, click Advanced System Settings and select VMkernel.Boot.hyperthreading.
You must restart the host for the setting to take effect. Hyperthreading is enabled if the value is true.
- Under Hardware, click Processors to view the number of Logical processors.
Hyperthreading is enabled.