After you add the KMS to the vCenter Server system, you can establish a trusted connection. The exact process depends on the certificates that the KMS accepts, and on company policy.
Before you begin
Add the KMS cluster.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client, and select a vCenter Server system.
- Click Configure and select Key Management Servers.
- Select the KMS instance with which you want to establish a trusted connection.
- Click Establish trust with KMS.
- Select the option appropriate for your server and complete the steps.
Root CA certificate
New Certificate Signing Request
Upload certificate and private key