Attackers can use an unused display feature as a vector for inserting malicious code into your environment. Disable features that are not in use in your environment.
- Log in to a vCenter Server system using the vSphere Web Client and find the virtual machine.
- In the Navigator, select VMs and Templates.
- Find the virtual machine in the hierarchy.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Select VM Options.
- Click Advanced and click Edit Configuration.
- If appropriate, add or edit the following parameters.
If you set this parameter to TRUE, advanced graphics functions no longer work. Only character-cell console mode will be available. If you use this setting, mks.enable3d has no effect.Note:
Apply this setting only to virtual machines that do not need a virtualized video card.
Set this parameter to FALSE on virtual machines that do not require 3D functionality.