Before you install vCenter Server or deploy the vCenter Server Appliance, make sure all machines on your vSphere network have their clocks synchronized.
This task explains how to set up NTP from the VMware Host Client. You can instead use the vicfg-ntp vCLI command. See the vSphere Command-Line Interface Reference.
- Start the VMware Host Client, and connect to the ESXi host.
- Click Manage.
- Under System, click Time & date, and click Edit settings.
- Select Use Network Time Protocol (enable NTP client).
- In the NTP servers text box, enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of one or more NTP servers to synchronize with.
- (Optional) Set the startup policy and service status.
- Click Save.
The host synchronizes with the NTP server.