You can add a domain to vSphere Authentication Proxy from the vSphere Web Client or by using the camconfig command.
You can add a domain to vSphere Authentication Proxy only after you enable the proxy. After you add the domain, vSphere Authentication Proxy adds all hosts that you provision with Auto Deploy to that domain. For other hosts, you can also use vSphere Authentication Proxy if you do not want to give those hosts domain privileges.
- Connect to a vCenter Server system with the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Administration, and click System Configuration under Deployment.
- Click Services, click the VMware vSphere Authentication Proxy service, and click Edit.
- Enter the name of the domain that vSphere Authentication Proxy will add hosts to, and the name of a user who has Active Directory privileges to add hosts to the domain.
The other fields in this dialog are for information only.
- Click the ellipsis icon to add and confirm the password for the user, and click OK.