This example illustrates how an object can inherit multiple permissions from groups that are granted permission on a parent object.
In this example, two permissions are assigned on the same object for two different groups.
- Role 1 can power on virtual machines.
- Role 2 can take snapshots of virtual machines.
- Group A is granted Role 1 on VM Folder, with the permission set to propagate to child objects.
- Group B is granted Role 2 on VM Folder, with the permission set to propagate to child objects.
- User 1 is not assigned specific privileges.
User 1, who belongs to groups A and B, logs on. User 1 can both power on and take snapshots of VM A and VM B.