Disable lockdown mode to allow configuration changes from direct connections to the ESXi host. Leaving lockdown mode enabled results in a more secure environment.
- From the vSphere Web Client
- Users can disable both normal lockdown mode and strict lockdown mode from the vSphere Web Client.
- From the Direct Console User Interface
- Users who can access the Direct Console User Interface on the ESXi host can disable normal lockdown mode. In strict lockdown mode, the Direct Console Interface service is stopped.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Click Configure.
- Under System, select Security Profile.
- In the Lockdown Mode panel, click Edit.
- Click Lockdown Mode and select Disabled to disable lockdown mode.
The system exits lockdown mode, vCenter Server displays an alarm, and an entry is added to the audit log.