After a user or group and role pair is set for an inventory object, you can change the role paired with the user or group or change the setting of the Propagate check box. You can also remove the permission setting.
- Browse to the object in the vSphere Web Client object navigator.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click a row to select a permission.
- Click the Change role on permission icon.
- Select a role for the user or group from the Assigned Role drop-down menu.
- Toggle the Propagate to children check box to make changes to permission inheritance and click OK.