Host encryption mode must be enabled if you want to perform encryption tasks, such as creating an encrypted virtual machine, on an ESXi host. In most cases, host encryption mode is enabled automatically when you perform an encryption task.
Before you begin
Required privilege: Cryptographic operations.Register host
About this task
In some cases, turning on encryption mode explicitly is necessary. See Prerequisites and Required Privileges for Encryption Tasks.
- To enable host encryption mode, follow these steps.
- Connect to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Select the ESXi host and click Configure.
- Under System, click Security Profile.
- Scroll down to Host Encryption Mode and click Edit.
- Select Enabled and click OK.