You can modify the existing storage policy components. You can also create a copy of the existing component by cloning it.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click .
- Click the Storage Policy Components tab, and select the component to edit or clone.
- Click one of the following icons:
- Modify appropriate values.
When editing, you cannot change the category of the data service and the provider. For example, if original component references replication provided by I/O filters, these settings must remain unchanged. When cloning, you can customize any settings of the original component.
- To save your changes, click OK.
- If a VM storage policy that is assigned to a virtual machine references the policy component you edit, reapply the storage policy to the virtual machine.
If you select this option, the compliance status for all virtual disks and virtual machine home objects associated with the storage policy changes to Out of Date. To update configuration and compliance, manually reapply the storage policy to all associated entities. See Reapply Virtual Machine Storage Policy.
Update virtual machine and compliance status immediately after editing the storage policy.