Enable your ESXi host to swap to the host cache. You can also change the percentage of space allocated for the host cache.
About this task
Use this task if you do not have an appropriate license that allows you to set up and manage a virtual flash resource. If you have the license, use the virtual flash resource for host cache configuration.
Create a flash-backed VMFS datastore. See Create a VMFS Datastore.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Host Cache Configuration.
- Select the flash datastore in the list and click the Allocate space for host cache icon.
- To enable the host swap cache on a per-datastore basis, select the Allocate space for host cache check box.
By default, maximum available space is allocated for the host cache.
- (Optional) : To change the host cache size, select Custom size and make appropriate adjustments.
- Click OK.