Enable your ESXi host to swap to the host cache. You can also change the percentage of space allocated for the host cache.
Before you begin
Create a flash-backed VMFS datastore. See Create a VMFS Datastore.
About this task
Use this task if you do not have an appropriate license that allows you to set up and manage a virtual flash resource. If you have the license, use the virtual flash resource for host cache configuration.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Host Cache Configuration.
- Select the flash datastore in the list and click the Allocate space for host cache icon.
- To enable the host swap cache on a per-datastore basis, select the Allocate space for host cache check box.
By default, maximum available space is allocated for the host cache.
- (Optional) : To change the host cache size, select Custom size and make appropriate adjustments.
- Click OK.