Assign WWN settings to virtual machine with an RDM disk.
Create a virtual machine with an RDM disk. See Create Virtual Machines with RDMs.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click VM Options.
- Expand the NPIV menu items by clicking the Fibre Channel NPIV triangle.
- Deselect the Temporarily Disable NPIV for this virtual machine check box.
- Select Generate new WWNs.
- Specify the number of WWNNs and WWPNs.
A minimum of two WWPNs are required to support failover with NPIV. Typically only one WWNN is created for each virtual machine.