If storage requirements for virtual machines and virtual disks change, you can modify the existing storage policy. You can also create a copy of the existing VM storage policy by cloning it. While cloning, you can optionally select to customize the original storage policy.
Required privilege: StorageProfile.View
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click .
- Click the VM Storage Policies tab.
- Select a storage policy, and click one of the following icons:
Edit a VM storage policy
Clone a VM storage policy
- (Optional) Modify the policy and click OK.
- If editing the storage policy that is used by a virtual machine, reapply the policy to the virtual machine.
If you select this option, the compliance status for all virtual disks and virtual machine home objects associated with the storage policy changes to Out of Date. To update configuration and compliance, manually reapply the storage policy to all associated entities. See Reapply Virtual Machine Storage Policy.
Update virtual machine and compliance status immediately after editing the storage policy.