Certain functionalities, such as vSAN or virtual flash resource, require that you use clean devices. You can erase an HHD or flash device and remove all existing data.
Before you begin
Make sure that the host is in the connected state.
Verify that the devices you plan to erase are not in use.
Required privilege: Host.Config.Storage
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices.
- Select one or more devices and click
If you are erasing a single device, a dialog box with partition information opens.
- For a single device, verify that the partition information you are erasing is not critical.
- Click OK to confirm your change.