Display all storage devices available to a host. If you use any third-party multipathing plug-ins, the storage devices available through the plug-ins also appear on the list.
About this task
The Storage Devices view allows you to list the hosts' storage devices, analyze their information, and modify properties.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices.
All storage devices available to the host are listed in the Storage Devices table.
- To view details for a specific device, select the device from the list.
- Use the icons to perform basic storage management tasks.
Availability of specific icons depends on the device type and configuration.
Refresh information about storage adapters, topology, and file systems.
Rescan all storage adapters on the host to discover newly added storage devices or VMFS datastores.
Detach the selected device from the host.
Attach the selected device to the host.
Change the display name of the selected device.
Turn on the locator LED for the selected devices.
Turn off the locator LED for the selected devices.
Mark the selected devices as flash disks.
Mark the selected devices as HDD disks.
- Use tabs under Device Details to access additional information and modify properties for the selected device.
View device properties and characteristics. View and modify multipathing policies for the device.
Display paths available for the device. Disable or enable a selected path.