Access the Datastores view with the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Use one of the following methods to navigate to datastores.
Datastores that are available in the inventory appear in the center panel.
- In the vSphere Web Client navigator, select .
- Browse to an object that is a valid parent object of a datastore, such as a data center, cluster, or host and click the Datastores tab.
- Use the icons to create a datastore or to perform basic tasks for a selected datastore.
Availability of specific icons depends on the type of the datastore and its configuration.
Icon Description Register an existing virtual machine in the inventory. Create a datastore. Increase datastore capacity. Navigate to the datastore file browser. Manage storage providers. Mount a datastore to certain hosts. Remove a datastore. Unmount a datastore from certain hosts.
- To view specific datastore details, click a selected datastore.
- Use tabs to access additional information and modify datastore properties.
Tab Description Getting Started View introductory information and access basic actions. Summary View statistics and configuration for the selected datastore. Monitor View alarms, performance data, resource allocation, events, and other status information for the datastore. Configure View and modify datastore properties. Menu items that you can see depend on the datastore type. Permissions Assign or edit permissions for the selected datastore. Files Navigate to the datastore file browser. Hosts View hosts where the datastore is mounted. VMs View virtual machines that reside on the datastore.