For entities represented by storage (VASA) providers, verify that an appropriate provider is registered. After the storage providers are registered, the VM Storage Policies interface becomes populated with information about datastores and data services that the providers represent.
- Storage capabilities and characteristics for such datastores as Virtual Volumes and vSAN
- I/O filter characteristics
- Browse to vCenter Server in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab, and click Storage Providers.
- In the Storage Providers list, view the storage providers registered with vCenter Server.
The list shows general information including the name of the storage provider, its URL and status, storage entities that the provider represents, and so on.
- To display more details, select a specific storage provider or its component from the list.