Increase the standard disk timeout value on a Windows guest operating system to avoid disruptions during a path failover.
Before you begin
Back up the Windows registry.
About this task
This procedure explains how to change the timeout value by using the Windows registry.
- Select .
- Type regedit.exe, and click OK.
- In the left-panel hierarchy view, double-click .
- Double-click TimeOutValue.
- Set the value data to 0x3c (hexadecimal) or 60 (decimal) and click OK.
After you make this change, Windows waits at least 60 seconds for delayed disk operations to complete before it generates errors.
- Reboot guest OS for the change to take effect.