After you install an independent hardware iSCSI adapter, you might need to change its default network settings so that the adapter is configured properly for the iSCSI SAN.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Adapters, and select the adapter (vmhba#) to configure.
- Under Adapter Details, click the Network Settings tab and click Edit.
- In the IPv4 settings section, disable IPv6 or select the method to obtain IP addresses.
Note: The automatic DHCP option and static option are mutually exclusive.
Option Description No IPv4 settings Disable IPv4. Obtain IPv4 settings automatically Use DHCP to obtain IP settings. Use static IPv4 settings
Enter the IPv4 IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for the iSCSI adapter.
- In the IPv6 settings section, disable IPv6 or select an appropriate option for obtaining IPv6 addresses.
Note: Automatic options and the static option are mutually exclusive.
Option Description No IPv6 settings Disable IPv6. Enable IPv6 Select an option for obtaining IPv6 addresses. Obtain IPv6 addresses automatically through DHCP Use DHCP to obtain IPv6 addresses. Obtain IPv6 addresses automatically through Router Advertisement Use router advertisement to obtain IPv6 addresses. Override Link-local address for IPv6 Override the link-local IP address by configuring a static IP address. Static IPv6 addresses
- Click Add to add a new IPv6 address.
- Enter the IPv6 address and subnet prefix length, and click OK.
- In the DNS settings section, provide IP addresses for a preferred DNS server and an alternate DNS server.
You must provide both values.