Storage DRS is enabled on a virtual machine that was deployed from an OVF template that has Storage DRS disabled. This can occur when you deploy an OVF template on a datastore cluster.
When you deploy an OVF template with Storage DRS disabled on a datastore cluster, the resulting virtual machine has Storage DRS enabled.
The vSphere Web Client applies the default automation level of the datastore cluster to virtual machines deployed from an OVF template.
- To manually change the automation level of the virtual machine, browse to the datastore cluster in the vSphere Web Client object navigator.
- Click the Manage tab and select Settings.
- Select VM Overrides and click Add.
- Select the virtual machine and click OK.
- From the Keep VMDKs Together dropdown menu, select No and click OK.