Storage DRS generates an alarm to indicate that it cannot operate on the datastore.
- The datastore is shared across multiple data centers.
Storage DRS is not supported on datastores that are shared across multiple data centers. This configuration can occur when a host in one data center mounts a datastore in another data center, or when a host using the datastore is moved to a different data center. When a datastore is shared across multiple data centers, Storage DRS I/O load balancing is disabled for the entire datastore cluster. However, Storage DRS space balancing remains active for all datastores in the datastore cluster that are not shared across data centers.
- The datastore is connected to an unsupported host.
Storage DRS is not supported on ESX/ESXi 4.1 and earlier hosts.
- The datastore is connected to a host that is not running Storage I/O Control.
- The datastore must be visible in only one data center. Move the hosts to the same data center or unmount the datastore from hosts that reside in other data centers.
- Ensure that all hosts associated with the datastore cluster are ESXi 5.0 or later.
- Ensure that all hosts associated with the datastore cluster have Storage I/O Control enabled.