You install the Update Manager server for Windows from the vCenter Server installer for Windows.
Update Manager for Windows runs only on a 64-bit Windows operating system.
Create a My VMware account at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/.
- Download the vCenter Server installer from the VMware website at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
vCenter Server is part of VMware vCloud Suite and of VMware vSphere, listed under Datacenter & Cloud Infrastructure.
- Under Datacenter & Cloud Infrastructure, select VMware vCloud Suite or VMware vSphere, and click Download Product.
- From the Select Version drop-down menu, select the version you want.
- Locate VMware vCenter Server on the page, and select Go to Downloads.
- Download the ISO file of the VMware vCenter Server <product version> and Modules for Windows.
- Confirm that the md5sum is correct.
See the VMware website topic Using MD5 Checksums at http://www.vmware.com/download/md5.html.
- Mount the ISO image to the Windows virtual machine or physical server on which you want to install the Update Manager server or the UMDS.