Instead of using a shared repository or the Internet as a download source for patches and extensions, you can import patches and extensions manually by using an offline bundle.
Before you begin
The patches and extensions you import must be in ZIP format.
About this task
You can import offline bundles only for hosts that are running ESXi 5.5 or later.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Settings, and select Download Setings.
- In the Download Sources pane, click Import Patches.
The Import Patches wizard opens.
- On the Import Patches page, browse and select the .zip file containing the patches you want to import.
- Click Upload file and wait until the file upload completes successfully.
In case of upload failure, check whether the structure of the .zip file is correct, or whether the Update Manager network settings are set up correctly.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the patches that you have selected to import into the repository.
- Click Finish.
You imported the patches into the Update Manager patch repository. You can view the imported patches on the Update Manager Patch Repository tab.