Fixed baselines consist of a specific set of patches that do not change as patch availability changes.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in to a vCenter Server Appliance, or to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- On the Host Baselines tab, click New baseline.
- Type a name, and optionally, a description of the baseline.
- Under Baseline Type, select Host Patch, and click Next.
- On the Patch Options page, select Fixed for the type of baseline, and click Next.
- Select individual patches to include in the baseline.
- (Optional) Click Advanced to find specific patches to include in the baseline.
- Click Next.
- Review the Ready to Complete page, and click Finish.
The new baseline is displayed in the Baselines pane of the Baselines and Groups tab.