You can configure Update Manager to download updates from the Internet using a proxy server.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Settings, and select Download Setings.
- In the Proxy Settings pane, click Edit.
- Select Use proxy, and change the proxy information.
- If the proxy requires authentication, select Proxy requires authentication, and provide a user name and password.
- (Optional) : Click Test Connection to test that you can connect to the Internet through the proxy.
- Click OK.
You configured Update Manager to use an Internet proxy to download upgrades, patches, extensions, and related metadata.