To upgrade the hosts in your vSphere environment, you must create host upgrade baselines.
Before you begin
Upload at least one ESXi image.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in to a vCenter Server Appliance, or to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- On the Host Baselines tab, click New baseline.
- Type a name, and optionally, a description of the baseline.
- Under Baseline Type, select Host Upgrade, and click Next.
- On the ESXi Image page, select a host upgrade image and click Next.
- Review the Ready to Complete page and click Finish.
The new baseline is displayed in the Baselines pane of the Baselines and Groups tab.