If you make configuration changes to Update Manager settings, you might need restart the Update Manager service in the vCenter Server Appliance.
Starting with vSphere 6.5, all vCenter Server services and some Platform Services Controller services run as child processes of the VMware Service Lifecycle Manager service.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click System Configuration.
- Under System Configuration, click Services.
- From the Services list, select the VMware vSphere Update Manager service.
- From the Actions menu, select an operation name.