VMware releases the vCenter Server Appliance ISO image, which contains GUI and CLI installers for the vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller appliance.
- Deploy the vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller appliance.
- Upgrade the vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller appliance.
- Migrate Windows installations of vCenter Server, vCenter Single Sign-On, and Platform Services Controller to the vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller appliance.
- Restore a vCenter Server Appliance from a file-based backup.
- Create a Customer Connect account at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/.
- Verify that your client machine meets the system requirements for the vCenter Server Appliance installer. See System Requirements for the vCenter Server Appliance Installer.
- Log in to VMware Customer Connect.
- Navigate to .
- Find VMware vSphere and click View Download Components.
- Select a VMware vSphere version from the Select Version drop-down.
- Select a version of VMware vCenter Server and click GO TO DOWNLOADS.
- Download the vCenter Server appliance ISO image.
- Confirm that the md5sum is correct by using an MD5 checksum tool.
- Mount or extract the ISO image to the client machine from which you want to deploy, upgrade, migrate, or restore the appliance.
Note: ISO mounting or extracting software that does not allow more than eight directory levels is unsupported.
For example, MagicISO Maker is unsupported on Windows. For Linux OS and Mac OS, Archive Manager is unsupported.For Mac OS, you can use DiskImageMounter.For Ubuntu 14.04, you can use Disk Image Mounter.For SUSE 12 OS, you can use the terminal.
$ sudo mkdir mount_dir $ sudo mount -o loop VMware-vCSA-all-version_number-build_number.iso mount_dir
What to do next
Open the readme.txt file and review the information about the other files and directories in the vCenter Server Appliance ISO image.