You can revert the Configure tab back to the former Manage tab presentation in the vSphere Web Client by editing the webclient.properties file.
In vSphere 6.5, the Manage tab for an object (vCenter Server, Datacenter, Cluster, Host, Virtual Machine, and so on) is renamed to Configure. Within the Configure tab, the subtabs are removed and replaced with a flattened menu. You can use the Configure tab to perform the same tasks that you performed with the former Manage tab.
If you want to revert this tab's presentation back to the Manage tab's presentation, edit the webclient.properties file to turn off this change.
- Log in to the vCenter Server you want to make this change.
- Use SSH to log in to a Linux-based vCenter Server.
- Use RDP to log in to a Windows-based vCenter Server.
- Edit the webclient.properties file and change the
- For a Linux-based vCenter Server, the webclient.properties file is located in the /etc/vmware/vsphere-client directory.
- For a Windows-based vCenter Server, the webclient.properties file is located in the C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client folder.
- Log off from vCenter Server and log in to the corresponding vSphere Web Client.
Example: Example webclient.properties Configuration
If you changed the webclient.properties file to revert to the Manage tab presentation, the lines will resemble the following:
# Flag to enable the use of a single TOC view for the configuration of inventory objects. navigation.tabMode.convertSecondaryToToc=false
To turn the tab back to the Configure tab presentation, change